This easy tomato & basil baked rainbow trout is the perfect recipe to fit into your busy schedule. Taking only 10 minutes to prepare and 14 minutes to cook, you can’t go wrong – not to mention it’s healthy and delicious too!
Always start with filets from Hamilton’s Fish Farm for the freshest, Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 12-14 minutes
- Total: 24 minutes
What you will need:
- 4 rainbow trout fillets from Hamilton’s Fish Farm
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 ºF.
- Arrange each fillet in the center of a 12-by-16-inch parchment rectangle and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the tomatoes and place them on the filets, before drizzling with olive oil.
- Fold the edges of the parchment to seal shut and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Top with basil before serving.
Original recipe from Martha Stewart