Do you enjoy a beer with your meal? If so, this easy and delicious beer battered trout recipe is exactly what you have been searching for!
Combining two classic favorites, this recipe is fast, simple, and unbelievably tasty. It’s packed full of flavor and protein, making this dish mouth-watering and perfect for you!
For the best results, we recommend you start with rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish farm and beer from Lunn’s Mill Beer Co.
Since the recipe only calls for a half cup of beer, you can enjoy the rest while you prepare this dish!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
What you will need:
- 10 ounces of trout, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup beer
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Vegetable oil
- ½ lime for garnish
How to make it:
- Pat the trout pieces dry using paper towels.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, beer, parsley in a mixing bowl and whisk together into a smooth batter.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Coat the trout pieces with the batter and fry them on both sides until golden brown.
- Finally, garnish your crispy battered trout with fresh lime wedges, serve and enjoy!
Original recipe from So Delicious.