Stop right there! You’ve found it – your next must-try recipe! This melt-in-your-mouth trout marinated in sweet citrus and honey is to die for.
For this Sweet Citrus & Honey Grilled Trout recipe we recommend you use the freshest, Ocean Wise certified, and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm, this grilled trout will be a hit at your dinner table.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Marinating time: 2-4 hours
- Cook time: 6-8 minutes
- Total: 4 hours and 23 minutes
What you will need:
- 4 small trout, approximately 1 pound each
- Two whole oranges or citrus of your choice, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
How to make it:
- Prepare the marinade by combining all ingredients and mixing well
- Season trout evenly with salt and pepper. Place it in a shallow container and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium-high heat
- Once done marinating, top each trout with fresh orange slices and place over medium-hot coals. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side or until the skin is crispy and trout is just cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Original recipe from Sporting Chef.