Trout Amandine may sound complicated, but don’t be discouraged! This recipe only requires fresh trout filets and a few common pantry ingredients, and it comes together in just a few simple steps!
A rich lemon, butter, and Worcestershire sauce with toasted almond slices (that’s where the Amandine comes in!) is spooned over deliciously flakey pan-fried trout filets.
Start your recipe with a trip to Hamilton’s Fish Farm in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, and get your fresh Ocean Wise certified, and 100% sustainable rainbow trout filets
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Marinating time: 2 hours
- Cook time: 4-6 minutes
- Total: 2 hours, 21 minutes
What you will need:
- Trout fillets from Hamilton’s Fish Farm
- 2 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
How to make it:
- Stir together the milk, hot sauce, and 1 tsp. salt in a bowl. Add the fillets and turn to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Drain and discard the remaining marinade.
- Combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge fillets in flour mixture.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry fillets in butter mixture for 2 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup butter and almonds in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until almonds are lightly browned. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Stir constantly for 1 more minute. Remove from heat, stir in parsley and pour almond mixture over fillets
- Serve immediately and enjoy!