Get your pan ready and let’s get searing! This easy pan-seared trout recipe is crispy, quick and delicious. This must-have dish is great for weeknight dinners that the whole family will be sure to enjoy!
- Prep time: 3 minutes
- Cook time: 7 minutes
- Total: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
What you will need:
How to make it:
- Pat the trout fillets dry with paper towels.
- Once dry, arrange your fillets on a rimmed baking sheet and season both sides of each fillet with salt and black pepper.
- Place a nonstick pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add your olive oil and butter and heat until the oil is shimmering and the butter has melted.
- Add fillets to the melted butter and oil mixture skin side down, and include any herb sprigs, garlic, and capers you have chosen to use.
- Cook your fillets for about 2–3 minutes until the skin is a light golden brown around the edges.
- Use a spoon to baste trout with melted butter and olive oil and continue to cook about 4–5 more minutes more until the flesh is opaque and fish flakes when pressed with a fork.
- Using a fish spatula or other preferred utensil, carefully transfer the seared trout to a plate skin side up to keep the skin crispy.
- Garnish your pan-seared trout with fresh lemon slices or lemon wedges and serve!
Original recipe from Masterclass