This four-ingredient, low-carb and gluten-free garlic butter trout recipe is delicious, easy, and a quick dish that can be served any day of the week!
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 13 – 15 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
What you will need:
- 1 pound rainbow trout fillet from Hamiton’s Fish Farm
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter – melted (salted or unsalted)
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Next, cut out a sheet of foil large enough to wrap the trout fillet.
- Cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil, place the trout fillet in the center and fold up all 4 sides of the foil.
- Season the trout with any herbs you wish to use (we recommend parsley, dill, oregano, salt, black pepper, some garlic, and red crushed pepper).
- To add more flavor and to avoid the fish from becoming dry, melt some butter in the microwave or on the stove and drizzle it over the trout until coated evenly.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the trout and cover it completely.
- Bake your fillet for about 13-15 minutes.
- Once done baking, open the foil and broil for 3 minutes.
- As soon as it is done broiling you’re ready to serve!
Original recipe from primaverakitchen