This heavenly bourbon trout recipe is the perfect combination between bourbon and trout! This dish will be sure to leave your mouth watering and your tastebuds satisfied.
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 8 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total: 18 minutes
- Serves: 4
What you will need:
- 1 ounce bourbon of choice
- Soy sauce (1/4 cup)
- Olive oil or vegetable oil (1/4 cup)
- Lemon juice (1/4 cup)
- 4 medium rainbow trout fillets
How to make it:
1. In a small bowl, combine the bourbon, soy sauce, oil and lemon juice. Whisk until all ingredients are combined and pour the mixture into a large freezer bag.
2. Place the trout fillets into the bag, close it, and carefully massage the fillets until they are coated with the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
3. Once marinating is complete, remove the fillets from the bag and heat your grill.
4. Grill the fillets for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on their thickness and how hot your grill is.
5. When the trout becomes flakey, remove it from the grill and garnish with a lemon wedge. Do not over-cook.
6. Serve your bourbon trout and enjoy!
Original recipe from Recipezazz