- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
What you will need:
- 2 trout fillets (1.5lbs each) with the skin left on the bottom
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 diced or chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite white wine
- 2 tablespoons of butter
How to make it:
- Start by seasoning your trout fillets with salt and Italian herbs.
- Turn your stove onto medium heat and warm the olive oil in a large skillet with a lid.
- As soon as the pan is hot, place the trout fillets flesh side down and cook for 3 – 5 minutes. Once done, flip fillets skin side down and cook for an additional 2 – 4 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Cover skillet with the lid and allow trout to sit for 5 to 10 minutes until completely cooked and tender.
- Next, carefully remove the trout from the pan and separate the skin from the trout.
- Place trout on a serving platter, remove trout skin from the pan, and allow the cooking oils to remain in pan.
- Add lemon juice, diced garlic, and your chosen wine to the skillet with remaining oil and cook on medium to low heat for about 1 minute.
- Once complete, remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley and butter, stirring gradually until the butter has melted.
- Top the trout off with the sauce, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of remaining parsley over trout and enjoy this dish with a glass of your favorite white wine!
Original recipe from St. James Winery