- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
What you will need:
- 1 lb of rainbow trout fillets, ideally 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup of plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cajun or creole seasoning
How to make it:
- Start by moving the oven rack to a position slightly above the middle of the oven.
- Next, preheat the oven to 500°F.
- While the oven is preheating, remove and discard the skin from your trout fillets and proceed to cut fillets into 2×1 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix the buttermilk and the egg white. In another small bowl, mix cornmeal, bread crumbs, and cajun seasoning.
- Once the oven is ready you can dip your trout into the buttermilk mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Place in an ungreased pan and lightly spray cooking spray on the fish.
- Lastly, bake your fish for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges or additional garnish and enjoy!Original recipe from BettyCrocker