Are you ready to have your taste buds blown away? This delicious whole roasted lemon and garlic rainbow trout recipe is simple, quick, and sure to wow whoever you present it to.
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2
What you will need:
- 2 whole rainbow trout filleted or butterflied (1lb each)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
How to make it:
- Start by preheating your oven to 425°F. While the oven is preheating, rinse your trout and ensure that all scales have been removed. Once the trout has been rinsed and descaled pat dry with a piece of paper towel.
- Next, place the trout on foil or parchment paper that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Open the trout’s body and drizzle with olive oil, spread garlic over the flesh, season with salt, sprinkle with parsley, and line with lemon slices. Close the body of your trout and drizzle with olive oil, and season the skin with salt.
- Next, on a baking sheet or in a skillet, roast your seasoned trout for about 15 minutes or until the flesh is no longer transparent.
- Once done remove from the oven and serve with the juices of the cooked lemons.
Original recipe from BusyWifeBusyLife