Time to roll up and get fancy with this Ricotta & Asparagus Trout Rolls recipe! This simple, exquisite, and delicious recipe is packed full of healthy attributes suitable for everyone!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total: 45 minutes
- Serves 6
What you will need:
- 6 fresh skinless trout fillets about 5 oz
- 1 Container of your chosen ricotta (500 g)
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped basil
- 1 bunch of trimmed asparagus about ¾ lb – 350g
- 1/2 cup of fish or chicken broth
- 1/2 French shallot chopped
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon zest
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make it:
- Start by preheating the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Next, in a bowl, mix ricotta, basil, shallot, and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper.
- Layout the trout fillets with the side where the skin was removed facing up.
- Divide asparagus and lay across the widest end of each fillet.
- Evenly distribute the ricotta mixture onto trout fillets and roll tightly towards tail end.
- Now place rolls seam side down, in an oven-safe baking dish and season with salt and pepper, and proceed to cook for 15–20 min.
- Next using a whisk, mix the broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil and simmer for 2 min.
- Serve rolls topped with sauce.
Original recipe from DairyFarmersOfCanada.