- Prep time: 1.5 Hours
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
What you will need:
For the Trout Patties you will need:
- 1 lb of boneless and skinless rainbow trout,
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ tsp of white pepper
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp of dill, minced
- 2 tsp of chives, minced
- ½ tsp of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Cooking oil
For the Curry-Lime Mayo you will need:
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- ¾ tsp of curry powder (mild to medium)
- 3 tsp of freshly squeezed lime juice
For the Burger you will need:
- 4 brioche buns
- Chopped lettuce
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced tomato
How to make it:
- Finely dice your boneless and skinless rainbow trout.
- Combine in a bowl with your mayonnaise, panko breadcrumbs, dijon mustard, white pepper, dill, chives, and seasoned salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours allowing the mixture to chill and bind.
- Next in a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder, and fresh lime juice and set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat and add your oil.
- Shape your chilled rainbow trout mixture into 4 patties and cook until browned on both sides and the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove off the skillet and assemble your savory trout burgers with curry-lime mayo and your desired fixings.
Original recipe from TheMeatEater