This beetroot stained trout and horseradish blinis recipe is so delicious! It is an incredibly easy recipe and great to make when you are in a pinch and want something fancy for a last-minute bite or occasion.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: couple hours – over night
- Serves 3
What you will need:
- Smoked rainbow trout (180g)
- Cooked beetroot (1 pack)
- Pot soured cream (300g)
- Horseradish sauce
- 30 ready-made blinis
- Fresh dill
How to make it:
- Begin by laying the trout in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Next, slice the beetroot finely and place it on top of the trout to cover it.
- Cover with clear wrap and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight for a darker colour.
- Once your stained trout is ready move on to mixing a teaspoon or two of horseradish sauce into the soured cream.
- After the mixture is complete, spread a small amount of this onto each blini.
- Next, slice the stained trout into strips and arrange it in curls on top.
- Season with black pepper and a small sprig of dill for the final touch
Original recipe from BritishTrout