- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total: 50 minutes
What you will need:
- 8 x 120g trout fillets, from sustainable sources, skin on, scaled, and pinboned.
- 4 large slices of quality prosciutto
- 2 handfuls of chopped dried apricots
- 2 large sprigs of fresh sage
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 600g of spinach
- 75g of ground almonds
- 410g of tinned cannellini beans, drained
- 410g of tinned chickpeas, drained
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Olive oil
How to make it:
- Start by preheating the oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Begin by laying 4 of your trout fillets on a board, skin-side down, and season the trout with salt and pepper then dust in the ground almonds.
- Next, chop the apricots and half of the sage in a bowl. Mix and spread around the tops of the four fillets. Finish with the remaining fillets, skin-side up, matching the 4 below. Overlap the remaining sage along the length of each trout sandwich.
- Now, cut 4 20cm strands of string and place them parallel on a work area, allowing about 3-4cm between each. Lay 1 of your trout sandwiches over each piece of string and tie it all together. You should finish up with a tidy packet that is knotted in four places. Repeat with the remaining three.
- Now, heat a large saucepan. With a generous splash of oil and gently fry the garlic until softened. Add the spinach and wilt down and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Distribute the spinach to a roasting tray and mix with the pulses. Place the trout packages on top. Place the prosciutto slices on top of the bean mixture, spray with oil, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crisp and the fish is cooked through.
- Once done, remove from the oven, dress up and serve!
Original recipe from Jamie Oliver Recipes