This baked trout in a honey mustard and soy sauce glaze is extremely simple to prepare! In addition to being a quick dish, it’s also delicate, savoury, and an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, and omega-3 fatty acids.
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
What you will need:
- 2 1/2 lb trout fillets
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sesame oil or other natural flavor oil
- 2 Tbsp of sesame seeds
- Fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 of a lemon (sliced)
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F)
- While the oven is preheating, grab a small jar or small bowl and combine the dijon mustard, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil to create the glaze.
- Once the glaze is prepared and the oven is preheated, season the fillets generously with salt and pepper and then place the trout fillets in a foil package coated with olive oil.
- Next, pour the honey mustard mixture evenly over the trout fillets, wrap them in the foil packets and place them on a baking sheet then insert them into the oven. Bake for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, and check one fillet after 10 minutes for tenderness.
- Remove the baked trout from the oven and drizzle any leftover sauce over the fillets before topping them with mixed sesame seeds and parsley.
- Serve with lemon slices and your choice of vegetables.
Original recipe from Yummly.
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo of your baked trout in honey mustard and soy sauce glaze and tag us on Facebook @HamiltonsFishFarm, and Instagram @HamiltonsFishfarm.