Searching for a new family favourite? This hearty potato trout casserole recipe is exactly what you’ve been seeking. Between the perfect combination of trout and potatoes, this recipe is so warm, nutritious, and filling!
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Total: 55 minutes
- Serves 4
What you will need:
- 4 trout fillets
- 8 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp. minced basil
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
How to make it:
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F.
- While the oven is preheating, combine your shredded cheddar cheese and skim milk in a large bowl and whisk until combined thoroughly.
- Next, evenly distribute your potatoes, carrots, peas, basil, and trout in a greased baking dish.
- Once everything is together in your baking dish, season with salt and pepper and begin to pour your shredded cheddar and skim milk mixture over the trout and vegetables evenly.
- Now, you are ready to place it in the oven and set a timer for 45 minutes.
- Once your casserole is finished baking, carefully remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Original recipe from Recipes.net