This grilled rainbow trout with chimichurri is a must-try! The freshness and acidity of the chimichurri complement the smokey flavour and aroma of the trout, making this dish exceptionally delicious.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total: 45 minutes
- Serves 4
What you will need:
How to make it:
- Start by bringing the temperature of a gas grill up to high (450–550°F).
- Then, while the grill is heating up, pat the trout dry and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste.
- Next, add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the food processor along with the onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley, and jalapeno and process until smooth. Once processing is done, add 1/4 cup of olive oil and lemon juice and proceed to process the mixture once more until it is completely combined.
- As soon as the grill is hot and the chimichurri is ready, coat the fillets with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and arrange them skin side down, parallel to the grill grates on one side of the grill.
- Leave the grill uncovered for about 1 minute and then turn off the burner under the fillets, leaving the opposite burner on high. Be sure not to flip your trout fillets.
- The grill should now be covered to continue to cook the trout thoroughly for 3 to 5 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Once finished, transfer your grilled trout fillets to a dish and serve with chimichurri.
Original recipe from CookingLight.