This grilled rainbow trout with chimichurri is a must-try! The freshness and acidity of the chimichurri complement the smokey flavour and aroma of the trout, making this dish exceptionally delicious.
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total: 45 minutes
- Serves 4
What you will need:
How to make it:
- Start by bringing the temperature of a gas grill up to high (450–550°F).
- Then, while the grill is heating up, pat the trout dry and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste.
- Next, add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the food processor along with the onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley, and jalapeno and process until smooth. Once processing is done, add 1/4 cup of olive oil and lemon juice and proceed to process the mixture once more until it is completely combined.
- As soon as the grill is hot and the chimichurri is ready, coat the fillets with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and arrange them skin side down, parallel to the grill grates on one side of the grill.
- Leave the grill uncovered for about 1 minute and then turn off the burner under the fillets, leaving the opposite burner on high. Be sure not to flip your trout fillets.
- The grill should now be covered to continue to cook the trout thoroughly for 3 to 5 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Once finished, transfer your grilled trout fillets to a dish and serve with chimichurri.
Original recipe from CookingLight.