Who doesn’t love a good carbonara? This quick and easy recipe brings together two classic favourites – pasta and trout! This dish is guaranteed to be enjoyed anytime it is served. You have got to try this recipe!”
For the best results, we recommend you start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
What you will need:
- One package of spaghetti (320g)
- Smoked trout (150g)
- 2 eggs
- Cooking cream (150g)
- 1 lemon for zest
- Butter (50g)
- Ground black pepper
How to make it:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Don’t forget to salt your water! Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the cream to a saucepan and reduce slowly over low heat to 50%
- Add the beaten eggs and stir constantly. Make sure your heat is not too high – you don’t want to scramble your eggs. Continue stirring until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove the skin from the trout, cut it into small pieces and fry in it butter until it changes colour.
- Drain your cooked pasta and add it to the pan with the butter and trout. Mix together and add a sprinkle of grated lemon zest.
- Pour a small amount of your sauce onto the bottom of each plate and pile the spaghetti and trout on top.
- Grate some more lemon zest over each along with some black pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Original recipe from the-pasta-project.