Who doesn’t love a good carbonara? This quick and easy recipe brings together two classic favourites – pasta and trout! This dish is guaranteed to be enjoyed anytime it is served. You have got to try this recipe!”
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
What you will need:
- One package of spaghetti (320g)
- Smoked trout (150g)
- 2 eggs
- Cooking cream (150g)
- 1 lemon for zest
- Butter (50g)
- Ground black pepper
How to make it:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Don’t forget to salt your water! Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the cream to a saucepan and reduce slowly over low heat to 50%
- Add the beaten eggs and stir constantly. Make sure your heat is not too high – you don’t want to scramble your eggs. Continue stirring until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove the skin from the trout, cut it into small pieces and fry in it butter until it changes colour.
- Drain your cooked pasta and add it to the pan with the butter and trout. Mix together and add a sprinkle of grated lemon zest.
- Pour a small amount of your sauce onto the bottom of each plate and pile the spaghetti and trout on top.
- Grate some more lemon zest over each along with some black pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Original recipe from the-pasta-project.