This super-easy broiled rainbow trout recipe will make you feel like a professional chef with its lemon and parsley butter sauce.
For this broiled rainbow trout recipe, we recommend purchasing your filets from Hamilton’s Fish Farm for the freshest, Ocean Wise certified, and 100% sustainable rainbow trout.
Now, let’s get cooking!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
What you will need:
- 6 whole and boneless rainbow trout
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
How to make it:
- Start by adding butter into a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until the butter changes to a golden brown color and gives off a nutty aroma. Keep on the stove, reduce heat to low, and keep the butter warm.
- Remove the heads from the trout, and place skin-side-down on lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets. Using a brush, lightly brush a little of the warm butter over the surface.
- Season the trout with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- With your oven set to broil, set about 4-inches from the top for 3 to 5 minutes. You can also test with a fork, it will be ready when the fish flakes.
- While the trout is in the oven, turn the butter up to medium heat and whisk in the lemon juice slowly. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, add the parsley, turn off the heat and remove from the stovetop.
- When ready, serve the trout on warm plates with the hot lemon parsley butter glazed over the top.
- If preferred, serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Original recipe from thespruceeats.