This super-easy broiled rainbow trout recipe will make you feel like a professional chef with its lemon and parsley butter sauce.
Now, let’s get cooking!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
What you will need:
- 6 whole and boneless rainbow trout
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
How to make it:
- Start by adding butter into a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until the butter changes to a golden brown color and gives off a nutty aroma. Keep on the stove, reduce heat to low, and keep the butter warm.
- Remove the heads from the trout, and place skin-side-down on lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets. Using a brush, lightly brush a little of the warm butter over the surface.
- Season the trout with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- With your oven set to broil, set about 4-inches from the top for 3 to 5 minutes. You can also test with a fork, it will be ready when the fish flakes.
- While the trout is in the oven, turn the butter up to medium heat and whisk in the lemon juice slowly. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, add the parsley, turn off the heat and remove from the stovetop.
- When ready, serve the trout on warm plates with the hot lemon parsley butter glazed over the top.
- If preferred, serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Original recipe from thespruceeats.