- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
What you will need:
4 large, skinless rainbow trout fillets
3 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika or sweet paprika
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed or diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
How to make it:
- Start by cutting each rainbow trout fillet in half lengthwise.
- Next, combine the oil, paprika, soy sauce, garlic cloves, and salt in a large bowl. Once combined thoroughly, spread the mixture over the trout fillets.
- Roll up each trout fillet into jelly-roll style and hold it together with a toothpick.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Remove the trout rolls from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and maple syrup.
- Return to the oven to bake for three more minutes.
- Once done baking, remove and serve!
Original recipe from Kosher