Are you ready to get a little smokey with this smoked trout flatbread recipe?
This easy and tasty dish will wow and please any audience any day of the week!
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total: 15 minutes
What you will need:
- 1 12″ x 5″ flatbread
- 1.5 ounces of goat cheese
- 1 smoked, boneless and chopped trout fillet
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 2 tablespoons of sliced or diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons of basil chiffonade
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
How to make it:
- First, preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
- While the oven is heating up, take your flatbread and evenly distribute your goat cheese with the back of a spoon onto flatbread.
- Next, on top of the goat cheese, scatter the smoked crumbled trout, capers, and red onion.
- Once the oven has finished preheating bake until the flatbread begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and elegantly distribute the basil on top.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Original recipe from Beer & Brewing
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo of your smoked trout flatbread and tag us on Facebook @HamiltonsFishFarm, and Instagram @hamiltonsfishfarm.