Prepare to have your tastebuds surrounded by this oven-baked trout with almonds recipe. Not only is it extremely simple, but it is also tremendously delicious!
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total: 40 minutes
What you will need:
- 4 small-sized rainbow trout fillets
- Freshly squeezed juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces of unsalted butter
- 3 ounces of flaked almonds
- Olive oil
How to make it:
- First, season your trout with olive oil and black pepper.
- Next, place each trout on separate sheets of aluminum foil and apply olive oil to each baking sheet.
- Place your trout in the center of the aluminum foil and fold the edges up to make a bowl large enough to accommodate the melted butter.
- Now you can start melting your butter in a large pot over medium heat. Warm for 1-2 minutes, stirring periodically, with the lemon juice, zest, and almonds.
- Remove the butter mixture from the heat and evenly distribute it over each trout fillet.
- Preheat your oven to 374 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the fish for 20-30 minutes on a high grilling rack.
- Once your trout is finished cooking remove them from the aluminum foil and pour any remaining liquid over the trout.
- Serve with additional almonds and optional veggies.
Original recipe from Magic Skillet