If you haven’t tried this splendid rainbow trout meunière recipe yet then you are missing out! This dish is easily prepared and widely enjoyed, it’s simple enough for a last-minute dinner and unique enough for a planned occasion.
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
What you will need:
- 4 rainbow trout fillets
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of finely chopped shallots
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 lemon wedges
How to make it:
1. To start, begin combining the flour, salt, paprika, onion powder and a few grinds of black pepper in a shallow dish. Coat your trout fillets in the flour mixture and shake off any excess mixture.
2. Next, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 of your trout fillets and cook until golden on the first side. Once golden, carefully turn fillets on the other side and finish cooking. Transfer the cooked trout fillets to a serving platter and repeat with the remaining 2 fillets.
3. Once the other fillets are finished cooking and transferred to the serving dish, Keep the pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter, add the shallots and sauté until soft and translucent.
4. Once soft and translucent add the remaining butter and cook, stirring constantly until the butter begins to foam and the colour starts to darken. Quickly whisk in the lemon juice, add the parsley and drizzle over the trout fillets
5. Serve immediately and garnish with lemon wedges.
Original recipe from MyGourmetConnection