Short on time? This quick and delicious Smoked Trout Dip is sure to please! And it only takes five minutes to prepare.
For the best results, start with Ocean Wise certified and 100% sustainable rainbow trout from Hamilton’s Fish Farm.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total: 5 minutes
What you will need:
- 8 oz smoked trout fillets
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped + 2 tsp for garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste
How to make it:
- Prepare the cream cheese at room temperature.
- Finely chop the all chives.
- Put cream cheese into a food processor and pulse it to break it up. Crumble smoked trout in. Process to combine both.
- Add in paprika, dill and capers to the food processor with trout and cream cheese, and proccess.
- Add the zest of the whole lemon and squeeze the juice of about half of it. Pulse one last time to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Fold in the chives – reserve 2 tsp for garnish.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with reserved chives and a pinch of paprika.
Original recipe from Craft Beering.